Apple Cinnamon Breakfast QuinoaOctober is also the start of apply picking in the Hudson Valley, one of my favorite fall-time activities. With pounds and pounds of apples in my kitchen, this healthy and delicious Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quinoa is the perfect breakfast to jump-start my day! An apple a day, keeps the doctor away! Enjoy as a pre- or post-yoga/barre meal!
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 small Granny Smith apple – peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of agave syrup or to taste (optional)
- Bring quinoa, water, and apple juice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low and add cinnamon. Cover and simmer quinoa for 10 minutes.
- Stir apples into the quinoa; continue simmering until the liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender about 10 more minutes.
- Drizzle with agave nectar to serve. Enjoy!